When there are so many UPS maintenance providers and contracts available, how can you be sure you’re choosing the best plan for your data centre?
Leo Craig, Riello UPS’s General Manager, shares his 30-plus years of industry experience with online news portal The Stack and outlines the most important questions to ask before signing up for a UPS maintenance contract.
In his decades of working in the critical power protection sector, Leo has learned that not all UPS maintenance providers are the same. He advises data centre managers that due diligence is essential prior to entering any uninterruptible power supply service agreements.
The client, not the provider, must be in control and maintenance plans should be tailored to their specific needs. Some UPS maintenance providers will guarantee a 24-7 response, but what if the business needs don’t justify such premium (and probably expensive), round-the-clock support?
In his article, Leo shares his top six questions to ask a prospective UPS provider, plus what sort of answers you should be looking to hear.
- Do I really need a maintenance plan if my UPS is still under warranty?
- How quickly will you respond to an emergency call?
- Are your UPS technicians fully-trained and certified?
- How many Preventative Maintenance Visits (PMVs) are included in your UPS maintenance contract?
- Do you hold any spare parts in stock and how quickly can I get them?
- Does your UPS maintenance plan include remote monitoring?
Read the full piece over at The Stack website